Sunday 19 November 2023

Autumn Delights

With some sunshine mid morning today but clouds starting to build up, I thought I'd  have a quick walk around some of the sunny sheltered areas at Nethergong to see whether any dragonflies or damselflies were still on the wing. I spent an hour searching where I managed to find 4 Willow Emerald Damselfly and 2 Common Darter. I'm sure there would have been more to be found if I had longer to look. With some lovely autumnal colours now on the leaves, these made for a beautiful setting to the shots and some lovely backgrounds. It was slightly more awkward trying to get a clear shot without any foliage in the way but eventually it all come good. These Willows really are quite hardy given all the rain we have and if the weather allows, I'm sure they have a week or so in them yet. If they are to be the last ones I see this year (I hope not) then what a fitting end to their season seeing them posing in the sunshine with electric yellows, oranges and reds in the backgrounds. 














Willow Emerald Damselfly (Chalcolestes viridis) - male

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos, Marc. The colours are gorgeous. Best wishes - - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Richard. Autumn does provide some lovely colours to capture in the photos. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Damselfly Marc, you never with the superb shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Bob. Thanks for the visit. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Considering the weather Marc, your timing was superb. Take care, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For once, the sun shone. Seems to be raining all the time at the moment. Nice to still get them on the wing. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Hard to believe you saw these beauties, let alone got your excellent images Marc. Then you go on to say ' I'm sure they have a week or so in them yet'. As someone from here up'tnorth, I don't think I will even see another Common Darter this year.

    Regards....Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Pete for your kind words. If we get a good week, something should be found at the weekend if I can get out at the right time. Fingers crossed. Take care.

      Delete
  5. I'm grateful for the positive change your blog has brought into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so devastated when my business was going down due to financial situation until I found Mr Pedro and his working loan company website then I contacted them via Email: cf-loans@outlook.com  and Telegram / whatsapp +393510140339 then I was given a terms and conditions on how there loans works, I was happy because they willing to fund my business with the amount of 86,000.00 Pounds with a loan repayment of 2% annual return to expand my business. The whole process was so transparent and swift. Gracias.
    I will recommend them as a professional loan lenders.

    ReplyDelete