Thursday 7 December 2023

2023 Review

Another year seems to have nearly passed by in the blink of an eye so I thought I would look back through some of my shots this year and post a few favourites. A good year for me seeing a number of species including over 400 Willow Emerald Damselfly seen at Nethergong, 70 Norfolk Hawker seen in the Stour Valley, c15 Lesser Emperor Dragonfly seen in west Kent, 5 Golden ringed Dragonfly at a small stream in west Kent and nice to see the Dainty Damselfly holding its own at a few sites in Kent. Add to this a good  range of other dragonflies and damselflies seen and looking back, it wasn't a bad year at all. As ever, I could post quite a few images but I have selected the following either on the composition of the shot, the challenge of capturing the photo or simply the experience of seeing the species. 


Banded Demoiselle - male


Beautiful Demoiselle - male


Dainty Damselfly - male


Golden ringed Dragonfly - male


Hairy Dragonfly - male


Norfolk Hawker - mating pair


Norfolk Hawker - male


Scarce Emerald Damselfly - immature female


Southern Emerald Damselfly - female


Willow Emerald Damselfly - female


I will be running a few dragonfly trips next year through 'Naturetrek' in Kent which I have successfully done over the past couple of years. Please click on the links below to view more information about them: https://www.naturetrek.co.uk/tours/the-dragonflies-of-new-hythe-kent-day-trip  and   https://www.naturetrek.co.uk/tours/kents-dragonflies-and-damselflies-day-trip

9 comments:

  1. With the exception of GRD, none of the other Odonata are 'available' for me in the north. No intention to patronise Marc, but the images are quality as is always the case. Can't wait for early spring to come around, bet you can't either....I'm green as ever with all this Marc.

    Best Regards....Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Pete for your kind words. Can't wait for some warmer weather. Hopefully a few dipping sessions in the new year to kick start my season off. Take care.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful set of images, Marc - you clearly had a very good year!

    I missed out on my Willow Emerald fix this year, with just a brief sighting of one individual and no photos. I have yet to see Dainty Damselfly and both Scarce and Southern Emeralds. I shall try and do better next year - fingers are crossed for a good summer.

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photo's Marc, thankyou for the show. Take care. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for your kind words Richard. All the best for 2024 and I hope our paths cross at some point in the near future. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent images!
    Greetings Lasse (sellberg nature photo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning pictures Marc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is a goldmine of information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so devastated when my business was going down due to financial situation until I found Mr Pedro and his working loan company website then I contacted them via Email: cf-loans@outlook.com  and Telegram / whatsapp +393510140339 then I was given a terms and conditions on how there loans works, I was happy because they willing to fund my business with the amount of 86,000.00 Pounds with a loan repayment of 2% annual return to expand my business. The whole process was so transparent and swift. Gracias.
    I will recommend them as a professional loan lenders.

    ReplyDelete