Friday 19 September 2014

Evening Visit Pays Off!

A quick visit over to Grove Ferry this morning produced a nice Kingfisher which showed well and allowed a few photos and despite the misty dull conditions, the results were not too bad. 



Kingfisher

News had broke earlier in the day of a Wryneck at Reculver near the towers so after tea tonight about 6pm I took a drive down there to see if I could find it. Although lovely and sunny in Broomfield, as I drove down the mist soon thickened but it still remained quite bright. I had a good feeling about it being around and now the old caravan park is no longer in use and the grass and bushes have taken over, this is a superb habitat. I had the place to myself and started checking the grass below the fence line. After a while I caught sight of some movement in the grass and moving nearer a bird flew up into a tree revealing it was the Wryneck. I could partially see it in the bush and was just happy to connect with these superb little birds. One day I will get a showy bird here. I backed off and waited around for a while and eventually it appeared in the open where I was able to grab some 'record' shots. It soon flew back into cover but I left a happy man, mission accomplished. Hopefully it will remain overnight and be joined by some more migrants in the area.

Wryneck

3 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely Kingfisher, you have done it, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three amazing Kingfisher Images,great Wryneck tick.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be happy just to see a Wryneck Marc, let alone point a camera at one!

    ReplyDelete