Last weekend I went over to Oare Marshes in the hope of seeing some Dainty Damselflies. I was walking through the long grasses when I flushed a large hawker which thankfully, flew up into a nearby bush. I immediately knew from the colour that it was teneral Southern Migrant Hawker. I only had the macro lens on so didn't hold out much hope that I would get any decent shots of it. I carefully made my way towards the bush, taking a few photos every now and then, hoping I would have a few record shots. Using a bit of fieldcraft, I managed to get pretty close and was able to take a number of pleasing images of this newly emerged female dragonfly. Looking at the wings, it had probably emerged that morning. She didn't seem that bothered by my presence and I was able to spend time study the finer details on this species. Around my feet, a few Dainty Damselfly were flying which soon had me distracted. I moved on briefly to see what else was about but when I returned a while later, she was still enjoying the warmth of the bush. An unexpected but welcome addition to the day list, an a bonus few shots too.





Mooi !!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGroetjes Tinie
Thanks Tinie. Love the newly emerged individuals. The wings are just magical. Take care.
DeleteYour photos are like works of art. Wow.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated. Take care.
DeleteWow!!!! These photos are so beautiful in color and sharp. Wonderful to be able to observe the details of these beautiful dragonflies. Superbly photographed.
ReplyDeleteMy compliments.
Regards, Helma
Good to hear from you Helma and thank you for your kind words. I hope you are well. Take care.
DeleteExcellent photos of these dragonflies. Beautiful colors and very sharp. Have a nice week Marc.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you Caroline. They do make great subjects to photograph. I live capturing the detail we don't normally see. Take care.
Delete