Wednesday 24 July 2019

Wonderful Willows!

Last weekend, I spent a few hours at Nethergong with a view to capturing a few photos of newly emerged Willow Emerald Damselflies after their maiden flights. They often fly from the vegetation to the long grasses where if you can find them, they will often pose long enough for photos before they fly up into the trees to mature up. I was on site early enough to capture the first newly emerged damselflies and after a bit of stalking, I was able to get into a few good positions to fire off a few pleasing photos. They can often be quite a difficult subject to get fully in focus up close due to their long abdomen but hopefully, I have managed a few shots that tick the boxes. With the summer holidays now here and nearly six weeks off work, I'm hopeful of a few visits to Nethergong to continue to study the Willow Emerald Damselfly and a few visits elsewhere to see a few other species.
 


Willow Emerald Damselfly (Chalcolestes viridis) - female 



 Willow Emerald Damselfly (Chalcolestes viridis) - male
 


6 comments:

  1. Marc, beautiful Dragonfly, I love the Willow Emerald Damselfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Bob. They are very photogenic I think.

      Delete
  2. Superb Marc. The only problem is that its beginning to feel a bit like Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Bob. If someone can tell that to the temperature, that would be nice. To hot for me out there.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Many thanks Mike. Prepare yourself for more over the coming months.

      Delete