Tuesday 9 December 2014

Continental Invaders of 2014

I received an email a few nights ago from my good blogging friend Pete Woodruff who informed me that he had seen a Swallowtail butterfly photo of mine published in an article from Birdguides on the 'Continental Invaders of 2014'. Pete was unaware that I did not know about the article so it was indeed very pleasing to go to the site and see my photo from Bishopstone Glen, near Reculver. The article can be viewed by clicking the link Birdguides Butterfly Article. 2014 seemed to be a good year for the Continental Swallowtail and it was back on the 4th August 2013 that I managed to connect with this continental individual at Reculver thanks to Dave Barnes. It showed brilliantly and I was able to watch and photograph it for a good half an hour on the cliff top flowers. The size and colours of this individual were nothing short of stunning and I felt very honored to be in the presence of such a beautiful butterfly. Eventually it dropped down over the cliff face and I don't think it was seen again. I think to this day, these still rate as some of my best butterfly photos and to kind of celebrate the article, here are a few of the Reculver Continental Swallowtail to enjoy. Thanks again to Pete for the email and the excuse to make a blog post. 






'Continental' Swallowtail 

8 comments:

  1. You got it down in Kent, a special visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant images of a Brilliant butterfly ....In my opinion an obvious choice of author for the Birdguides article, great stuff Marc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a delight to see,well done you.
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just out of interest, do you ever enter anything for the Countryfile Calender, if not, you should give it a try, you must be the equal of any of the winners each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Derek, Iv'e only ever entered one competition and the results are due out soon I think. Iv'e never really thought I would stand a chance but maybe I should enter a few next year. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

      Delete
  5. Got to be your best Flutter images Marc, a real beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Warren, I wouldn't disagree with you on that one. I think I might have to look through some old butterfly images to pass the next few months away.

      Delete