Friday 22 March 2013

Back for Black!

With another freezing day with a biting east wind I decided to call in at Reculver on my way home from work to see if anything was around. As I scanned the rocks near the towers I soon come across the Black Redstart I had seen yesterday sheltering from the wind. I managed a few more shots which considering the weather and trying to stand still in a gale force wind, they did not turn out too bad.

Black Redstart

I then ventured along the seawall for a while before realising my face was numb from the wind and cold so turned around and almost got blown back towards Reculver. Not a lot else noted which was not surprising but I did see 9 Kittiwake flying east, 4 Shelduck, 1 Snipe, 2 Meadow Pipit, 2 Pied Wagtail, 3 Oystercatcher, 1 Grey Plover, 1 Little Grebe, 1 Gannet east, 2 Mallard, 5 Mute Swan and a few Lesser black and Great black backed Gulls flying east. Who knows what the weather will hold for tomorrow as snow is reported for the morning. Hopefully a few birds will be around though to make for a nice 'spring' visit!

Black Redstart

2 comments:

  1. Brave man to go out in this rain and wind, I love the Black Redstart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Redstart is a nice find with great photos! The weather doesn't sound so nice!!

    ReplyDelete