Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Back to Lapland!

Having only heard the Dusky Warbler twice last night I wanted to see if it was still around this morning so I duly arrived on site at 7.30am where I spent 30 minutes listening in the area. Again thick fog did not allow for any type of viewing but birds could be heard calling overhead. Despite walking the area I failed to hear the Warbler so assumed it may have moved on in the night. Birds I did note however were 30 Fieldfare, 2 Brambling, 1 Kingfisher, 1 Chiffchaff, 1 Grey Heron, a few Redwing, Song Thrush and Blackbird flying around and 1 Black Redstart near the brick building. A call from Chidders this afternoon to see If I was going to Reculver tempted me back out after work and I arrived at the towers where along with Chidders, Adam and I walked on down to Coldharbour in quite dense fog. Birds we noted were 1 Turnstone, 3 Wheatear, 38 Oystercatcher, 64 Brent Geese, 5 Goldcrest, 2 Grey Wagtail and 1 Lapland Bunting showed well again on the mound at Coldharbour. A few more shots were taken but if only the fog would go and the sun would shine I could do the bird justice. Other bits were 20 Fieldfare, 6 Sanderling, 2 Curlew, 1 Snow Bunting, 15 Meadow Pipit, 10 Robin and 1 male Black Redstart back near the towers on the rocks. It seems that tomorrow the fog may go and there may be some sunshine in the afternoon. Guess where I might be going and photographing?

9 comments:

  1. A brilliant post, and I love your header, superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow mate :-) I hope the birds dont disappear with the fog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling a few will be straight out tomorrow when it's clearer but I will give it a go.

      Delete
  3. There must be a technical problem. I'm not seeing any photos, including your header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, where are they all. I have got a header but loads of shots have gone missing. Any ideas out there anybody?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have synced your phone with Picasa and deleted the photos then I am afraid you have lost them for good. You should never delete photos from your comp if they are also in Picasa, which is the site Google uses to host your blog photos. I have known several people sync their phone with their Picasa album so that the photos are also on their phone. If you do this you should move the photos to another file so that if you delete them from your phone you will not delete them from the blog or computer. I am afraid you have lost them now; the only way to get them back is to sit there and re do them all. I am afraid that will be very time consuming. You should always be very careful when deleting photos from either your phone or computer. I think the only way is to start again unless someone out there knows a way of getting the photos back. I have a programme that recovers files as I lost some photos that I wanted but it is a little complicated and a lot time consuming. Hopefully you kept the original files in another folder/file on your computer so that you still have the original jpegs. Regards Steve A.

      Delete
  5. Hi Marc,

    I,m not seeing a header or shots either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a Google+ account or have you made any changes to your Picasa album settings (where Blogger photos are stored)? I've been told if you are on Google+ and delete photos from those albums they will also be deleted from your blog. If you're not on Google+ and haven't changed any Picasa settings, I'm not sure what the issue is, unless it's something with Blogger. Yours is the only blog affected like this that I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete