Friday, 31 July 2026

Take the Camera Away!

Not the best of weeks in one way with a few days feeling quite ill and I couldn't get out and then the car decided to break down, so that has been taken away to a garage to be looked at Monday. So with no car, I have been very limited where I go. Luckily, I have a few sites close to me that I can cycle too. With this in mind, I have spent yet more hours watching a few Southern Migrant Hawkers on territory at Nethergong where they have been showing well flying up and down the now very dried up ditches. Having spent some time here now, I have become familiar with their flight patterns and they have got used to me, where they now hover quite close to me at times. This has given me a few opportunities to try to capture some pleasing flight shots. In most cases, I have some 'nearly' shots but occasionally, it all comes good and you get the shots you were after. It hopefully proves that if you know your species and study them enough, that anything can be achieved. Having said that, I will still aim higher if I get another chance this season. If not, what a time I had with them. It was a pleasure...slightly frustrating at times!

















Southern Migrant Hawker - male

1 comment:

  1. Really great photos. Sometimes you have to do a lot of work to get the photos and observations. You have a good tactic.

    ReplyDelete