Friday 8 January 2016

'Nethergong Birding' Begins!

I have started a new Blog called 'Nethergong Birding' which will focus on me trying to see 100 species throughout the year at this small private site situated just north of Grove Ferry. Its only about 700 metres in length and 170 metres wide but hosts a good amount of birdlife and different habitats. I have rarely birded here and so as well as trying for the magic 100 species for the first time here, it will also inform the owners of the campsite to which birds occur on site during the year. I will try to get the odd photo on my travels as normal and maybe find the odd scare or even rare bird here. I will still use my main Blog for most of my dragonfly and damselfly posts and photos. A link to the site which is still work in progress can be made by clicking 'Nethergong Birding' on the top bar of the blog. Many thanks for looking and I hope you can follow with interest throughout the year.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new project, Marc. You never know what might turn up in these under-watched places ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. No doubt the sragonflies will take over but I will try to keep it going.

      Delete
  2. I bet you gat 100 species at Nethergong before I do here Marc LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Marc, wish you a success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marc.
    Good luck with your project/target. Looking forward to reading about how your getting on. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete