Wednesday 1 October 2014

Snow and Sun at Reculver!

The start of a new month so I made a brief trip to Reculver to see if the Snow Bunting was still around. As I walked down the seawall I could see Mike Gould pointing his camera into the shingle and a few minutes later I joined him and the Snow Bunting which was sitting a couple of metres away. For once the sun was shining and although I have a number of shots of this beauty I wanted to try to get some in the sun and also take the converter off and use the f4 300mm lens to see if I could get some sharper images. We spent about 30 minutes photographing the Bunting and with some shots in the bag we walked back having a chat. Other birds also seen were 2 Wheatear, 2 Kingfisher, a mixed flock of c50 Swallow and House Martin. Surely its not too long until Reculver gets a decent fall of birds with a few goodies in there! A quick look inland produced c20 Common Blue Damselfly still on the wing and good numbers of Common Darter and Migrant Hawker with 1 Willow Emerald Damselfly and 1 Ruddy Darter also seen.




Snow Bunting

3 comments:

  1. Pretty young thing Marc, excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dedication/determination Marc....I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marc,
    A little bit of sun makes a lot of difference, those images are even better than the last ones ;-)

    ReplyDelete