Tuesday 9 July 2013

Skipping Around!

On the way to work this morning I called into East Blean Wood where I had 15 minutes looking around the car park area. Despite it being only 7.30am there were c8 Heath Fritillary already flying and try as I did, I eventually took a few photos. Also here were a few Meadow Browns and 1 Large Skipper which allowed a few shots before I left. Later tonight I called into Highstead in the hope that a male Emperor would be posing as the temperature dropped but despite seeing 4 Emperor, not one decided to pose for me. Also seen tonight were a few Small and Essex Skipper, 4 Black tailed Skimmer, c5 Common Darter, 3 Common Blue, 3 Small Tortoiseshell, 1 Painted Lady, 3 Red Admiral, a few Meadow Brown and lots of Common Blue and Blue tailed Damselfly.

Heath Fritillary 

 Large Skipper

Essex Skipper 

Small Tortoiseshell

Common Darter

3 comments:

  1. Oh, butterflies and a Darter, terrific photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc.
    Good to see there are some Heath Fritillaries about, because I hope to go there this Thursday.
    The Essex Skipper on the Thistle is a great shot.

    ReplyDelete