Friday 5 April 2013

The Rocks at Reculver

After having spent a couple of hours in the Stour Valley this morning seeing 2 Hen Harrier and 16 Water Pipit I decided to call in at Reculver on my way home at 10.30am. On arrival in a strong wind but thankfully dry conditions I noted 2 Dunlin, 5 Tufted Duck, 4 Shoveler, 2 Teal and walking down the seawall I saw 2 Pied Wagtail, 1 Shelduck, 8 Oystercatcher, 3 Redshank, 1 Curlew, 2 Turnstone, 2 Reed Bunting, 5 Grey Plover, 1 Bar tailed Godwit and on the rocks near the towers, 1 Rock Pipit almost went unnoticed. After moving ahead of the bird it eventually showed well enough to grab a few quick shots before flying off. 


Rock Pipit

6 comments:

  1. I must take a trip down to Reculver soon, but I can imagine how freezing cold it is down there!! Think I'll wait until it is a bit warmer!

    Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly cold down there. I've never looked forward to getting home so much for a cup of tea!

      Delete
  2. Strange light at the moment Marc, dont you think. Makes photo's look a bit harsh, maybe it's just me :-)

    Well done for getting out mate - I went shopping for summer clothes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics Marc, there is a rumour it might be getting warmer over the weekend, that would be helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of the Rock Pipit perched on the rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There could really be something a'buzzing this weekend Marc....get out there and be there!

    Brilliant Rock Pipit images.

    ReplyDelete