Sunday 22 December 2013

A Total Washout!

With Saturday seeing a day full of rain and heavy winds the forecast originally said there would be a small window Sunday morning with some winter sunshine, albeit still very windy. As I awoke this morning the rain was pouring down and quick look at the forecast suggested that I should not bother until late afternoon. I only had a few hours this morning and hoped the clouds would part and allow some kind of birding to take place. I opted for a quick look at Reculver from the car in the hope a few seabirds would pass by, they didn't so I drove over to Hampton which has a few Purple Sandpipers wintering. The tide was out on arrival and despite the rain, I ventured out quickly to look for them on the rocks. A few Turnstone, Oystercatcher and c30 Brent Geese were seen but no Sandpipers and as the rain fell even harder I opted for the car again. I don't think I was even out for an hour and decided it was going to be a waste of time and a cup of tea and bacon sandwich would be a better idea. Luckily with a number of photos taken in the last few weeks here are a few Sanderling and Turnstone photos from Minnis Bay. Maybe another session before Christmas arrives, if not I wish all readers a very Merry Christmas and a bird filled New Year. 




Sanderling 



Turnstone

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography, Sanderling and Turnstone, exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the first one

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one wet morning Marc, looks like worse to come before Xmas :-( Enjoy the festivities anyway mate!

    ReplyDelete